Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Art Break - The Bridge


I'm no master artist, not by a long-shot. My actual training in practical drawing only began a little over three years ago.

I entered a school with basically nothing to show for artistic talent and had to slog through the mud with the rest of the class. Anatomy, gesture, perspective, all the greats all the oldies. I like to think it was better that way, I always play games on Hard mode first anyways.

I've got a basic grasp of Photoshop, and I'm actually beginning to have a little bit of fun with it. So, in the spirit of posting things just for people to see, I'll start putting up some more art work - rough or not.


My first experiment, this time around, is trying to capture a scene from something I've written. I'm normally terrible at drawing from my mind, but if I can pull off something passable - awesome.

So, here we have the beginning of the fight on the bridge. I'm not sure if I like the rough perspective of the bridge (and I do me rough), I may just take it out entirely and focus on the character...we'll see.



 Super rough forms still, working on the sword for fun, and trying out new brushes.


Here I'm just working on a representation of what someone would be wearing under armor, a kind of quiltesque material came to mind. I'm not sure I'm ok with how it looks with the new additions..but I'll be picking it up again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment